Renter – Lender Policy
Shimmy services include the rental and sale of the products. This section sets out the terms and conditions that apply to any renter or lender or user of this platform.
While using Shimmy services you will not:
- Post content or items in inappropriate categories
- Infringe any laws, third party rights or our policies, such as the prohibited item policy (set out below)
- Use the Shimmy services if you are not able to form legally binding contracts
- Inflate or mislead users regarding yourself or your content
- Fail to deliver payment for items rented
- Fail to deliver items you have agreed to lend
- Manipulate or avoid the fee structure
- Interfere with other users listings
- Take action to undermine rating system
- Transfer your Shimmy account to other users
- Distribute spam, chain letters, or pyramid schemes
- Distribute viruses
- Harvest other users information
- The rental fee for the product will be the total of the rental fee, insurance charges and any other charges occurred during the transaction.
- You may cancel up to four days before.
Receipt of the products
- Upon receiving the products you bear responsibility for the product, and for the products safe return to its owner upon completion of the agreed rental period.
- In the event that the delivery is unsecured Shimmy does not bear liability for products left unattended.
- The renter is responsible for the safe pick up of their product.
Return of products
- You may extend your order if it is agreed upon by you and the lender and arranged through the platform
- Shimmy is not responsible for any personal or other items lft in the products or which are returned unattended.
- We may limit suspend or terminate our service and user accounts, prohibit access to the Shimmy services, delay or remove hosted content, remove, delete, modify listings, apply fees, recover expenses and take legal steps to keep users of sites.
- Shimmy will cover up to $1000 for damages, only if the users and lender have carried out the required guidelines set below.
- The lender will have taken a 360’ degree video of the product in working condition. If it is drone it will fly, a blender it is blending ect. This will be in the 12 hours it was delivered to the renter.
- The lender will take a video as above of the product within hour of receiving back from renter showing the products reduced state.
- There will have to be a significant reduction in the working condition, design or keep of the product that is conductive of negligence on the behalf of the renter.
- All products above the claim of $1000 will be assumed to have their own insurance and will not be covered under Shimmy.
Prohibited Item Policy
- Illegal weapons
- Illegal contraband
- Edible products
- Sex products
- No medical products
- No products that be conducive of cheating in the academic sense
- No alcohol